Sunday, September 4, 2016

Week 2 Journal

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.
I learned some differences in leaders and differences between leadership and management. I also learned a lot of the different qualities of leaders in nursing. 
2. Discuss your feelings/experiences from the team activities? Did it change your opinion on the subject? If so, how? If not, why?
On the discussion board it was interesting. We can't see any of the replies until we make our own. Each of the replies were all extremely similar and all had a common ground. Everyone agreed that every leader has specific traits and qualities that make them leaders. It was interesting to see that from the team. 
3. How you will utilize the information learned in your nursing practice.
I want to use the information that I learned from this weeks material to be a great leader by leading by example, and constantly being a person that people can confide in and look up to in my work. 
4. You personal feelings about the material covered.
I feel that everyone in nursing is a leader. We have to be a leader to our teams we work with and to our patient's so that we can educate them and guide them to make proper decisions about their health. I loved the DISC personality test, because I was able to discover my own leadership qualities that I have to provide to my own teams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment