Saturday, September 3, 2016

DISC Personality Test

Today I completed the DISC personality test to determine my type of personality. During this test, I thought a lot how my performance is at work, because I am a little different in my personality at home vs in the workplace.

The results of my test were that I was a Conscientious but only one away from a Dominant person. I always knew that I was a pretty dominant person, so that wasn't really new news to me. I am very much of a red type A personality, so as mentioned, I am not surprised by those results. I really came as a surprise to see that I was really close with the two categories. I didn't know that a dominant person could also be so accommodating others and avoid conflict. The two seem like they contradict each other.

I do think though that because I am dominant, and also accommodating also would make a great leader. I consider myself a great leader, and maybe that is mostly because I have these two different personality types.

My husband also took the test. He is also a dominant person. So that explains why we like to argue so much ;)

I think this is valuable information to know about myself. It will remind me when I am faced with difficult decisions in my workplace to remember my personality, so that I can make better decisions for me and my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment