Thursday, September 22, 2016

Reflective Journal - Week 5

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.
I learned about Performance Appraisals this week. I also learned that EVERYONE hates them, but they are beneficial to growth in employees. 
2. Discuss your feelings/experiences from the team activities? Did it change your opinion on the subject? If so, how? If not, why?
Well as mentioned above, I personally hate them, I feel like everyone does them because they have to, and they aren't super meaningful. I do think it is a good time to talk to staff that are having struggles, because it would bring to light issues that need to be addressed. 
3. How you will utilize the information learned in your nursing practice.
I definitely learned more about them. They always gave a bad taste in my mind, but now I have a better appreciation for them from a leadership perspective. 
4. You personal feelings about the material covered.
I asked my dad who is a CEO if he does them for his company, and he says he doesn't and would like to. The information I learned will be valuable to help him start this up for his company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment