Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Reflective Journal - Week 3

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.
I learned really the whole process involved in hiring. There was a lot of stuff that I knew, but to actually think of the whole process and how much it costs was extremely interesting to me. 
2. Discuss your feelings/experiences from the team activities? Did it change your opinion on the subject? If so, how? If not, why?
I think it was very interesting coming up with the behavioral interview questions. I have sat in on interviews before, and they really are very telling of peoples characters. But having to come up with my own was helpful. It helped me to know what I value in a coworker and as a team. 
3. How you will utilize the information learned in your nursing practice.
Well knowing the importance of the interview questions and the process is important to me. I would like to be in management in nursing one day, so this information and these processes will be very useful to me in my practice. 
4. You personal feelings about the material covered.
I liked hearing in the videos the whole process of hiring. I think a lot of us floor nurses are frustrated a lot when we are running short on the floor and don't really think about what it all takes to get a new employee hired. I think that would be helpful information for many people to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment