Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Reflective Journal - Week 15

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.
I learned different ways in how to motivate employees, especially as a nurse manager. 
2. Discuss your feelings/experiences from the team activities? Did it change your opinion on the subject? If so, how? If not, why?
This has always been a passion of mine. I have worked on units that have really great employee retention and I try to take what they do and use it on other units that I work on. The problem I have noticed, is that managers aren't as passionate about it as I am and don't really consider it. 
3. How you will utilize the information learned in your nursing practice.
Well one day when I am hopefully working as a nurse manager, I hope to adopt some of the practices that I believe so firmly in and also use some of the skills that were taught in this week's lecture. 
4. You personal feelings about the material covered.
I like the different ideas that discussed motivation techniques for employees. It was definitely important information for me to understand and hopefully be able to adopt in my practice one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment