Saturday, October 22, 2016

Reflective Journal - Week 9

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.
I learned the direction that nursing is headed. It was interesting to hear that soon more places will require bachelor's degrees. This was interesting to me.

2. Discuss your feelings/experiences from the team activities? Did it change your opinion on the subject? If so, how? If not, why?
I honestly feel that Utah is a little bit behind in requiring that. I think if they came forward and required this, that there would be a significant nursing shortage. I know on our floor whenever there is a new leadership position opening, there is always a difficult time filling it because of the lack of people that currently have their bachelor's degrees.

3. How you will utilize the information learned in your nursing practice.
Well I am currently working on my bachelor's degree, and my intentions are to be in nursing management. With bachelor's degrees coming to be a new standard, it makes me wonder if eventually it will be required to have a master's degree for nurse managers.

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.
I think it is valuable information to share. As mentioned, while I don't see that this will be something required anytime soon here in Utah, I do know that it is starting to be requirements more and more in other states. I do think it is important to bring this to light to all current nurses without BSN's so that they can start working on their degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment